07 Jul 2005
Progress has slowed down as I've been concentrating on getting TV picture support for the SAA7134 chip working. A few features have been added as listed below but the next major step is to get the teletext code working with the SAA7134 chip
- Skip blank pages
- Further speed increase to the display refresh, this has allowed Flash and Reveal to be added
- Subpage caching is now working but is at an early stage of development
- Save complete cache or single page in text format or single page as sprite
28 Nov 2004 3rd beta sent out to testers.
- Hotspotting, clicking on the text display recognises fasttext links, page numbers, phone numbers, web and email addresses
- Text window display driver is now written in machine code giving an over 200% speedup over the previous BASIC version
- Experimental code to allow control of MicroTune MT2032 and Philips / Temic tuners
03 Nov 2004 2nd beta sent out to testers.
- Problem with pages below 200 on BBC1 and 2
- FastText buttons now work
- Index button
- Page / channel up down buttons
- Station name (broadcaster provided) displayed in title bar
Suggestions from testers include:
- Provide hotspot links on the text display to e.g jump to the page number clicked on / fasttext link etc.
- Write an installer program.
- Speed up the display refresh / refresh only when required.
- Combine PCITVText and Remote to reduce the number of icons on the icon bar
- Allow both PCITV and PCITVText to work concurrently
- Add support for MT2032 tuner
20 Oct 2004 1st beta sent out to testers.
This version had a number of known problems, but up to that point had only been tested on one computer using one aerial in one location. So it was important to get feedback from a number of other testers in a number of locations to check things like the quality of the raw text data decoding process.